Joshua Heirendt took his pregnant wife to Jefferson Hospital's emergency room this morning so she could get fluids for dehydration.
“I noticed pieces of wallpaper was missing off the wall and then a flap taped down that was previously lifted up,” Heirendt said.
Heirendt, a contractor, took photos because he knew something was wrong.
“A lot of times when you pull wallpaper off that is a problem that you do see,” Heirendt said. “Never to that extent, especially in a hospital.”
Jefferson Hospital sent a statement saying:
"There is no confirmation that mold exists in a room at Jefferson Hospital’s emergency department. A substance identified today underneath wallpaper in one room is being tested to determine its nature and whether or not remediation is necessary."
The hospital told Channel 11 there is no history of mold in the ER.